Mental Health Awareness Workshops for Young People
We offer advice, help and support to young people in a workshop setting which could be within an educational establishment or youth centre, or at our own workshop. Our tried and tested workshops were developed in partnership with Happy Onion Living and our workshops are usually between 50 minutes – 1 hour long.
Why should your school take part?
- The number of people experiencing mental illness in the UK is 16 million
- Half of all mental illness begins by the age of 14
- 75% of young people with a mental health problem are not receiving treatment
- 1 in 10 young people experience a mental health issue at any one time, that’s around 3 in every class.
- In 2015 1,660 young people under the age of 35 took their own lives, which was 103 more than in 2014.
Our workshops aim to:
- Increase young people’s understanding of mental health and mental health issues.
- Reduce the stigma attached to mental health amongst young people.
- Support young people in building resiliency skills
- Give young people the knowledge of where to seek help should they or someone they know need it
To find out more about our services and pricing, please call 01233 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org